Thursday, July 28, 2011

Italian Basic Phrases

Buon giorno
Hello / Good morning/afternoon

Buona sera
Good evening

Buona notte
Good night

Ciao
Hi / Hello / Bye (informal)

Arrivederci
Goodbye



ArrivederLa
Goodbye (formal)


A più tardi
See you later


A presto
See you soon


A domani
See you tomorrow


Per favore / Per piacere
Please


Grazie (mille)
Thank you (very much)


Prego
You're Welcome


Mi dispiace
Sorry

Scusi / Scusa
Excuse me (formal / informal) 

Come sta? / Come stai?
How are you? (formal / informal)

Sto bene.
I am fine / well.

Non c'è male.
Not bad.

Abbastanza bene.
Pretty good.

Così così.
So so.

Sì / No
Yes / No

[Non] capisco.
I [don't] understand.

Non so. / Lo so.
I don't know. / I know.

Come?
What? / Pardon me?

Congratulazioni!
Congratulations!

Benvenuti!
Welcome!

Buona fortuna!
Good luck!

Va bene!
OK!